100 Days - 12

Day 12

Looking for a voice.



© Susanne Palzer, 2019


19 October 2019
'Super Saturday': one million people march in London and gather outside Parliament while MPs are sitting. 

The latest Withdrawal Agreement is brought before the Commons. According to the recent Benn Act PM Johnson will have to ask the EU for an extension if the agreement does not pass parliament before 11pm tonight. The Letwin amendment, which demands all necessary legislation to be in place before deciding on the agreement, is voted through with a majority of 16. One million cheer.
In the evening PM Johnson sends the letter asking for an extension - unsigned.

I am marching with two friends - one British, one Commonwealth, one EU27. Togetherness matters. After over three years I am fatigued having to do this again and again but as I have not had and will not have a say in the Brexit decision this is what I can do. There was no and will be no People's Vote for me but every time the marches remind me of why I made the UK my home in the first place.