100 Days - 5

Day 5

TMN 100 6 - 0

Opening Event, Friday, 25 October 2019, Access Space:


Get ready to not be ready

Announcement:
"I have negotiated with the art work and we have come to the conclusion that we are not ready. We will, probably, be ready by Thursday next week. 100 Days will be completed and up on the walls by 31 October.

I will now take all your unanswerable questions."
...


"Can you guarantee the exhibition will be ready?"
"Yes, I guarantee that the project will be completed by Thursday. "
"Have you worked out the hanging? Is there enough wall space or will you need an extension?"
"I am sure we won't need an extension but I am considering the space further along if that were to be the case."
...
"I leave that open to interpretation."
...
"Do you have a split cabinet at home?"
"No. I have shelves. I prefer to shelf things."
...
"As this is a press conference, where will this be published?"
"Due to our current media landscape I expect that this event will go entirely unnoticed."


The 100 Days Completion Celebration will take place on Thursday, 31 October 2019, at Access Space.


26 October 2019
Last night's opening of TMN 100 6-0 went well. There was only a small group of visitors who nevertheless got very involved in the 'press conferences' asking brilliant 'unanswerable' questions.

Today marks my 20 years in Sheffield.