100 Days - 50

Day 50

My Life has never any certainty. It's very hard for us to see where home is.    
Ai Weiwei

© Susanne Palzer, 2019


"By refusing these people [refugees], eventually you hurt yourself, your own understanding of society. We all know we're the same. What they want is very simple: safety, the right to work, some care about the community. If a society which is so prosperous, with such a privileged condition, cannot share or care or even understand those demands, that's a true tragedy for Europe."

"[Art and activism] It's not the same thing, but I will say that without my experience, my sensitivity, my knowledge or curiosity, I would not even have the desire to make so-called art. It gives me the courage to do what I do."

-  from The Times, 19 June 2019, Interview by Demetrios Matheou



11 September 2019
It is 18 years since the terrorist attack on the US World Trade Centres.
The EU's chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier is set to stay on in his role beyond 31 October 2019.
Scottish judges rule the Parliament suspension (prorogation) unlawful. The implications of this ruling are unknown. The case will now move to the Supreme Court in London.